An analytical method describes the essential features of an analytical procedure based on a particular analytical principle.
We use different analytical principles such as chromatography, microscopy and spectroscopy which require a range of modern instruments. The classical principles such as gravimetry and titrimetry are also used.
This page gives an overview of the equipment used at revierlabor (categorized according to business areas).
Materials and industrial analysis
- Inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectroscopy (ICP OES)
- Atomic absorption spectrometer (AAS) with flame (without graphite tube)
- Particle size distribution by means of laser diffraction
- Carrier gas hot extraction (HE) for H, N, O
- Carbon/sulphur analyser
- X-Ray fluorescence spectrometer (XRF)
- Spark optical emission spectrometer (OES)
Corrosion studies, damage interpretation
- Climate chamber (Kesternich corrosion test cabinet, salt-spray cabinets)
- Standard immersion tests (Huey and HIC) and others
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM EDX)
- Light microscopy
- Infrared spectrometer (FTIR with ATR cell)
- UV-VIS spectrometer